Saturday, February 20, 2016

Vacation remaining days of 2015

one of the bridges we crossed driving thru Indiana, kentucky area





Well I never finished this blog, so here it is.
The remaining days were spent happily just relaxing on the beach, scott did some metal detecting, I spent time doing homework, and also reading a book for fun.

Most of the days there was a overcast but one day was very sunny.
We also drove over to a area (like a attached island) that had a state park.  I did not get out to walk around, my knee was so bad..

The reason?  The location we stayed at, was wonderful-right on the beach.  The house we rented was nice, not super fancy, but nice.  But the beds/mattresses were simple awful!  Cheap mattresses, and it hurt my knee.  I need a good quality mattress or at my age, and plus after having had knee surgery-good support with the mattress effects not only the back, but knee.  By the end of the week, my knee would not bend anymore.  I had to walk with my leg straight, out like Frankenstein.  I blame the owner of this unit. It was clear that she did not care, (she was also selling it, and the guy who came to fix the on line problem-days later when we were almost done with the vacation-confirmed that she was a mean lady, demanding, but not always good to work with.  I chose not to complain until now, months later because of her possible back lash.  (I read some of it on line from other units she owes when someone does complain).
Other than that, we had fun.  It was fun shelling, just driving around, and relaxing.  One day for several hours we sat on the beach digging as the waves came in -for shells that were washed ashore.  Why?  What will we do with them?  I do not know, but it was fun.
Some things Scott found while out with the metal detector, were old bottle caps-along with some coral, shells, I made a design in memory of my nephew who has passed away this past spring.
I will add the location later.

Here are some photos to enjoy:
white powder sand, blue waters...

beautiful sunsets

crystal clear waters

I like taking photos of trees

loved keeping the feet in the sand
                      

                        

the book I read

the path from our home to the beach
                   
our spot on the beach

The message for Rollie my nephew who passed away


another one of the bedrooms (we had 3)

our living room, a very old couch

the patio out from the living room, overlooking the beach




No comments:

Post a Comment