Saturday, February 20, 2016

Day 3 and 4 of vacation in 2015

Day #3
So we woke up and enjoyed the sunrise, watched dolphins playing in the bay---

then spent the morning settling in.  We decided to go for a drive, and went back to that park for more photos.  It was on the way to a walmart we needed to go to for some things we needed for the week.  Then we drove the other way, to a few more stores.

I found these shells.  Later I found out the one had a resident in it. We argued about who got to keep the shell, I won.
this is one of those things...not sure what the name is..swims all over the place
cool tree with moss on it by the bay
tree roots
the tree roots
We went back to the home we rented, and found that no internet connection still.  I have school work to do, (I am doing distance program) so we drove up to a McDonalds, and I spent a half an hour getting on line! Ugg!
Then 2 hours to do homework while a family with children including teens, screamed and laughed beside me.  Hard to concentrate.
I have to say, I have a wonderful patient husband that waited for me to finish....
The McDonald's did have christian music playing, that was nice.  I do not eat their food, but did thank them for the selection of music before I left.

I was not happy about renting a place and then not having what it said it offered. 

                                                                            

We got back to the unit

That evening, we watched the sunset on the beach and watched the dolphins again, some jumping out of the water!  I did not get photos of the dolphins, but did get a video I might post later somewhere!

Day #4


our view from the upstairs deck off from the  kitchen
Monday...awaken to a cloudy day.  It remained over cast all day, and the waves, like yesterday was strong and a lot of them.
    We saw the dolphins again in the bay.  A whole pod of them.  You just see them coming up out of the water, and then right back down as they swim. They swim one way-probably eating their breakfast, then eventually they might come back by going back into the bay.  

    We  drove back to the two Dollar stores.  One was like a grocery store too, bigger than what we have back home.  On the way here, in southern Alabama, there was a dollar store every 5 miles! Really! And they looked busy too. 

    Anyway, we decided to buy some beach chairs, probably should have brought some folding chairs from our camper-

    I found 2 chairs left that were not folding, but were a better price then the folding ones.  Those were they kind that sit low to the ground.  For the beach.  But I did not think they would be easy for me to get in and out of with my one knee (former surgery). No others were available and I really did not want to drive back to a walmart.  (20 plus miles).

    So I negotiated the  price down... originally priced at about 11 dollars each, I got the one for 5 and the other one for 7-1/2.   Once back, we spent the rest of the day on the beach or back in the house.
                                                               
our beach chairs 
Scott got his metal detector out and searched the beach. 
                                                                   
This is what he found:
                                                                 
The waves were good with the shells, found a lot of smaller ones.  Only two of the larger type of shells.  I do not know what I will do with all of them, but I like looking for them.




No comments:

Post a Comment